It can be hard to know the exact social cues for how to cheer and support your team when attending a sporting event in this day in age. So we devised a quick checklist below to help walk you through getting the most of your experience.
- Snap a photo of your tickets to post to Instagram so you can be sure all of your followers know you are attending a game today. Be sure to blur or block out that bar code!
- As you walk into the stadium, check in on Facebook and let the people know you’ve arrived.
- Arrive at your seats with your group and quickly update your Insta story. A few quick videos will do the trick, and everyone enjoys seeing a 360 degree pano of the venue.
- Once the game gets started, fire off a couple first half Tweets about how the game is going and how you would manage it differently. Be sure to @ any players mentioned.
- Have your phone handy during the game – you don’t know when a scoring moment may arrive, and you’ll want to have that video on your socials.
- Halftime – time to scroll. Check the latest on your feeds, see how many views your story has. This will let you know if you need to up your game for the second half.
- Second half – snag a group photo – be sure you’ve got the field or the court behind you. This photo will be important later.
- Check the score before you leave! Everyone should already know you are there from your socials, but this bit of info can prove helpful.
- Remember that group pic? Now that it is post-game, it is time to filter and post to Instagram. This can be done the same day or the following day if you want to really maximize the time expose.
- Don’t delete your other game photos! They can be used for a solid Throwback Thursday #TBT
It’s that easy! A simple method to maximize your fun and get the most out of game day.